*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929174-Motivational-Monday-Motivation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#929174 added February 19, 2018 at 4:28pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Motivation
Monday, February 19, 2018

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1922
It's Motivational Monday. Do you have a favorite motivational quote that you like. Have you written a motivational poem or story that you would like to share. Write something about motivation.

Motivation

I read the passage,
I let the words echo in my mind,
and I close my eyes to meditate on the emotions
or the vision
that the sentence,
the paragraph,
or the verse
engenders.


Motivation is a subtle warmth,
descending from my spirit
through the nerve cells of my brain
into my thought,
where it whispers a word,
an image,
a line,
or a sentence
that begins
or ends
poetry or prose.

"Know thou that every created thing is a sign of the revelation of God. Each, according to its capacity, is, and will ever remain, a token of the Almighty. Inasmuch as He, the sovereign Lord of all, hath willed to reveal His sovereignty in the kingdom of names and attributes, each and every created thing hath, through the act of the Divine Will, been made a sign of His glory. So pervasive and general is this revelation that nothing whatsoever in the whole universe can be discovered that doth not reflect His splendor. Under such conditions every consideration of proximity and remoteness is obliterated.… Were the Hand of Divine power to divest of this high endowment all created things, the entire universe would become desolate and void."
Bahá’u’lláh1

Motivation, for me, comes from the Word of God, specifically the sacred scriptures of the Baha'i Faith. When I pray, and meditate on the scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah or the Bab, I find that it is easier to write. They help me focus on what I'm doing or what I plan to do, and it doesn't matter if I'm writing or doing something else. After prayer and meditation I can focus more easily without getting distracted by whatever is going on in the world around me. The above quote is one of the most inspiring and motivating scripture I've ever read.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, XCIII: “Know thou that every created thing is a…”


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929174-Motivational-Monday-Motivation