*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929291-THE-IMMATURE-DEVOTEE
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#929291 added February 22, 2018 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
THE IMMATURE DEVOTEE
THE IMMATURE DEVOTEE PRAYS TO KEEP HIS ENJOYMENTS INTACT'

Those who understand that even the delight derived from the vision of deities and such experiences is not eternal, while there is an eternal bliss abiding within oneself as one’s Self alone take to the path of knowledge and their mind is ever busy with reasoning and inquiry until the dualistic conception held by them finally disappears. These are real jnanis!

So also are they real bhaktas who do not pay heed to anything but God, think of Him alone and do not even cast a glance at the enjoyment of sense objects.

Those are not real bhaktas who pray to God to keep their enjoyments intact – it is such people who argue about the merits of knowledge and devotion!

Perfect knowledge will soon dawn for those who give up everything and meditate on God alone….

The closer one comes to the Self, the more one renounces.

What is enjoyment?
It is to like that state in which one already is.

What is renunciation?
It is not to like that state I which one already is. …

Complete renunciation and jnana is the same.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929291-THE-IMMATURE-DEVOTEE