*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929307-Thank-You-Sonali
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2149468
My journal and mirror
#929307 added February 22, 2018 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Thank You Sonali!
Yesterday morning I read "Drama in the Description by THANKful Sonali LOVES DAD and that linked through to "Writing Solid Descriptions That Deliver by Joy too.

I've been in a dead zone over winter. There has been a lot going on around me, contributed to by My Darling's large local family and a company restructure, and I've struggled to lift myself above the quagmire and free my thoughts to write.

It's been frustrating in a way that is difficult to explain because the obstruction isn't a particular feeling or problem. It's an echo of anxiety, an absence of feeling marked by spots of uneasy anticipation not much helped by a self-absorbed relative appointing us to dog-sit every weekend. Trying to write has been like a visit to the corner shop for a pick-me-up: the selection of chocolate is limited and as much as I don't know what I want, I also know I don't want what's there. I would waste what time I could keep trying to decide what to work on and struggling to catch a thread or thought to follow.

Then came 'home' to WDC and someone handed me a bag of magic stars.

The extracts presented by THANKful Sonali LOVES DAD snagged me out of that swamp of stress and sent me spring cleaning the first chapter of The Witch, the Wretch and the Warden Ch1 . I've also spruced up some of the later scenes and I aim - drama permitting - to make a fresh assault on continuing the story. I wanted to give credit to that boost that newsletter gave me because I felt so energised.

If you're like me, you write because you love reading, so the best way to come back to yourself is to read. WDC has got so many wonderful people writing who can get you back to yourself, whether that's from a review out of the blue or a contest prompt or an article.

© Copyright 2018 Tileira (UN: reamie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tileira has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929307-Thank-You-Sonali