*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929372-BC--Dont-quit
Rated: 13+ · Book · Nonsense · #2050715
Thoughts and takes on the way life presents....
#929372 added February 23, 2018 at 9:14pm
Restrictions: None
BC: Don't quit.
Prompt: Mark Twain said, "To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence." Do you agree or disagree? What do you think is the key to success?

Boy, ain't it the truth. More people get ahead just because nobody told them it could not be done than any other thing. Once you are going, and things are working out, and the negative gus comes along, you have the confidence to tell them to go blow.

I think another thing that helps is that it never occurs to the successful person that the outcome would be anything other than what it is. When you fly without a plan B, you make it work and try all sundry of things to reach the goal. And you will reach it.

A Navy Seal was once asked what it took to get through the testing and what was the testing. The Seal would not say what the testing was because it is personal to that person and based on psychological tests that the person had to take. His best advice was "Don't quit." He explained that the tests are so personal that you will want to quit at every stage, and the only thing that would have prevented him from completing is if he gave up or quit.

So, winners don't quit. Define the win and go for it.

© Copyright 2018 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929372-BC--Dont-quit