*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929460-Sunday-the-Day-of-Beauty-and-the-beginning-of-a-new-week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#929460 added February 25, 2018 at 11:06pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday the Day of Beauty and the beginning of a new week
Jamál (Beauty), 1 Ayyám-i-Há (The Days of Há) 174 B.E. - Sunday, February 25, 2018

"…Splendor, Glory, Beauty, Grandeur, Light, Mercy, Words, Perfection, Names, Might, Will, Knowledge, Power, Speech, Questions, Honor, Sovereignty, Dominion, and Loftiness. Meditating upon these sublime attributes, man is enabled to gaze beyond the curve of time, wherein the swing and change of planetary movements exists, to the eternal qualities that stabilize the soul. As the seasons return with their quaternary beauty, as the seed sacrifices to the mystery of the harvest, we see reflected in the mirror of the physical world the spiritual spring-time when the Word of God is planted in the heart of man by the coming of God’s Messengers."
Shoghi Effendi12

The months of the Baha'i calender are named after the attributes of God. In addition, the days of the week are also called my divine attributes: Beauty, Perfection, Grace, Justice, Majesty, Independence, and Glory. According to the Gregorian calender today is Sunday, while according to the Baha'i calendar it is Beauty. Unlike the Gregorian calender, which has days and months named after pagan deities, the Baha'i calender has days and months named after the attribute of Almighty Creator of the Universe.

Today is Sunday,
it is the day of Beauty,
beginning of a new week.

What do I have to do this week? I have to finish my entries in "Welcome to My Life for "Invalid Item. Say the Ayyám-i-Há prayer every day. Make an entry in "I Write in 2018. Write an essay or poem for "Invalid Item. Post goals for February 26-March 2 at "Weekly Goals. Other things I haven't yet decided on, but which I'll have to determine by the end of the day. I have two poems to finish, however, I'm not sure whether I will finish them this week or in the up coming month.

Last week I had a problem coming up with a poem for a contest. I finally wrote the poem, but I'm not sure how satisfied I am with the one I wrote. The poem is funny, or at least I think it's funny. Anyway I'm listing some themes for poem in case I encounter the same problem in the upcoming week or months. Those themes concern the attributes of God and the 52 virtues listed on 52 Virtues3.

Theme for Poems

Attributes of God from the Baha'i calender: (1) Months - Splendor, Glory, Beauty, Grandeur, Light, Mercy, Words, Perfection, Names, Might, Will, Knowledge, Power, Speech, Questions, Honor, Sovereignty, Dominion, and Loftiness. (2) Week Days - Beauty, Perfection, Grace, Justice, Majesty, Independence, and Glory.

Virtues: assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, compassion, confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, detachment, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, understanding, and unity.


Premium Plus Membership expires 5/15/18

*BulletBr* Have 2,395,640 GPs4 - 6-month - Premium Plus Upgrade = 2,349,500 = Over 46,140 GPs what I need.
*BulletBr* 12-month Premium Plus Upgrade = 4,199,500 - Have 2,395,640 GPs = Under 1,803,860 what I need.

Footnotes
1  Principles of Baha’i Administration, pp. 53-54.
2  Quoted in Happy Intercalary Days! from the Editors of BahaiTeachings.org http://bahaiteachings.org/happy-intercalary-days.
3  http://www.52virtues.com/virtues/the-52-virtues.php
4  Had at 5:00 PM Eastern Time 2/25/18.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929460-Sunday-the-Day-of-Beauty-and-the-beginning-of-a-new-week