*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929927-So-Many-Problems
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#929927 added March 4, 2018 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
So Many Problems
The Sunday News! In February, teachers throughout the entire state of West Virginia went on strike , citing poor working conditions including low salaries and rising costs of benefits. Strikes by public employees aren't legal in WV, yet the teachers have been willing to take the risk because the situation can't get much worse, and there aren't enough certified teachers in the state in part because starting salaries are startlingly low. What do you think? What's a fair salary for teacher, based on the expectations faculty administrations and parents place on them? Any other thoughts on the topic?

Manx Cat from Japan


Teachers of children are as important as health care workers. During the last Bush administration I was researching for an article on "No Child Left Behind." At that time I read an article that said starting salary for teachers in Pennsylvania was $26,000. Just now I saw the salary for West Virginia teachers in presently approximately $33,000.

The situation about salary always bounces back to who pays it in the long run. Maintaining public school systems has been on the rise for a lot of years. For a while, everyone wanted new buildings to up grade older buildings, that were not meeting the needs of the teaching burden. The older buildings needed a lot of upkeep and new green ways of heating in the northern states was needed. This year in Erie, Pa. they consolidated two high schools to try to slow down the monetary needs.

I'm not up to date on the situation West Virginia is dealing with but, I am making an assumption when I think it may mean a tax hike to the property owners across the state. Presently, that is what would happen in Pa. The property owners are tired of hearing how much more it will cost them to remain in homes they thought they could own into their old age. We're not thinking bad thoughts about the teachers who need more or the societal situation that keeps raising taxes we're just hanging on for dear life to what we worked for every day of our lives.

When Republicans decided to shine a light on "Making America Great Again" they did not seem to realize the honest state of the Union. Yesterday at home we started a new TV series from Netflix called, "The Newsroom." At the beginning of the series the protagonist character of the story gets put on the spot in an interview and has to tell the audience what he thinks of the USA. The spiel he puts out is authentic and needs to be stated before every news program for about a year until the people realize that money needs to be poured into infrastructure, healthcare, and the learning industry by amounts so extreme it is unthinkable. And it won't be coming from the pockets of people who have only been allowed to earn 15 to 26 thousand dollars a year for the last 50 years.

As for the Republican West Virginia legislature who voted for a 5% raise then took it back and lowered it to 4% as soon that is just a look at part of our infrastructure situation. Why did they pull a stunt like that over such a basic problem that has been growing over many years. Stop fooling with peoples hearts and minds and properly fix the problems.

Did anyone notice children are opening fire inside our schools with guns. If adults can't treat adults better than this how are children going to treat their peers. This week in the news was the stated intent of every country I know of about how they all are going to start showing off their nuclear power.

The problems are fixable but certain people have to get some reality based ideas into the mix and use them. If it were children doing this I would know how to straighten them out but, since it's adults I think a lesson in historical happening are the only way to go. Look it up. It is in some history book of what happened in the government of some country just before it broke up and fell apart. Only, if it happens that the government falls apart in the USA it will put things back into the hands of the ordinary people who know how to plant and sow in the proper season to reap an etable crop.

THE END OF AN OPINION Merit Badge in From My Heart To Yours
[Click For More Info]

Thank you so much for your kind donation to  [Link To Item #1945699]  *^*Suitheart*^*!

~Minja


© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929927-So-Many-Problems