*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930079-Fifth-Day-of-Fast
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#930079 added March 8, 2018 at 3:45pm
Restrictions: None
Fifth Day of Fast
Fiḍál (Grace ), 5 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 174 B.E. - Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Fifth Day of Fast

"O Son of Spirit! The best beloved of all things in My sight is Justice; turn not away therefrom if thou desirest Me, and neglect it not that I may confide in thee. By its aid thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor. Ponder this in thy heart; how it behooveth thee to be. Verily justice is My gift to thee and the sign of My loving-kindness. Set it then before thine eyes."
Baha'u'llah12

Poem Written on the Fifth Day of Fast

As the world descends into chaos
I contemplate the message of Baha'u'llah,
I inhale the fragrance of knowledge
ascending from the sacred writings
revealed through His pen.


Justice and wisdom imply
opinions based
upon an individual's independent
research into a subject.

The aroma of the Holy Spirit
ascends from the Pen of Glory,
divine knowledge
disclosed through Baha'u'llah,
the Glory of God.

As I meditate
upon the Revelation,
which the Almighty sent through His Pen,
I realize that this present chaos
is just the birth pangs
of the Kingdom of God on Earth.

Themes for Poems Written During the 19-Day Fast

*BoxCheckB* Baha'i month names for the theme used in Poems: Splendor, Glory, Beauty, Will, and Knowledge.
*Box* Baha'i month names for the themes to use in Poems: Grandeur, Light, Mercy, Words, Perfection, Names, Might, Power, Speech, Questions, Honor, Sovereignty, Dominion, and Loftiness.
*Box* Week Day names for the themes to use in poems: Beauty, Perfection, Grace, Justice, Majesty, Independence, and Glory.

It's only 12:08 P.M. here in Las Vegas, and it's been an interesting day. Normally, interesting days are stressful, but that hasn't been the case today. I've managed to handle everything that's come up with a minimum of worry (usually the cause of my stress). Tomorrow is going to be another interesting day, with one unfinished issue still unfinished. Since I don't control the outcome, I'm not sure how it will turn out. I just have to place everything in Baha'u'llah's hands and go on with the planes and projects I have in the works for Wednesday.

Virtues to Write Poems About

*BoxCheckR* Virtues Used: compassion and unity.
*Box* Virtues to Use: assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, detachment, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, understanding, and unity.confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, detachment, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, and understanding.

Footnotes
1  The Hidden Words, pp. 3-4.
2  Quoted in " Don’t Judge a Religion by its Name" by Marty Schirn, http://bahaiteachings.org/dont-judge-religion-name.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930079-Fifth-Day-of-Fast