*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930305-Eighth-Day-of-Fast
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#930305 added March 9, 2018 at 11:33pm
Restrictions: None
Eighth Day of Fast
Istiqlál (Independence) 8 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) - Friday, March 9, 2018
Eighth Day of Fast

"The one all-loving God bestows His divine Grace and Favour on all mankind; one and all are servants of the Most High, and His Goodness, Mercy and loving Kindness are showered upon all His creatures. The glory of humanity is the heritage of each one.

All men are the leaves and fruit of one same tree, they are all branches of the tree of Adam, they all have the same origin."
Abdu’l-Baha12

On this the eighth day of Fast, I contemplate the oneness of humanity, and the history of my own life. I remember growing up in Oklahoma, a middle American state, where racial prejudice was taught or, at least, implied by the way people treated those of a different color and culture. I know that I must have acquire some false ideas about people of different cultures or skin colors, I've attempt (I hope with some success) to overcome and/or prove those ideas wrong. Today, I look at the beauty of humanity, which is enhanced by the various skin tones that decorate the human species. As I progress toward my final days on this planet, I that I am proclaiming the unity of the human species through my poems, stories, and essays.


Themes for Poems Written During the 19-Day Fast

*BoxCheckB* Baha'i month or days of week names for the theme used in Poems: Splendor "First Day of the 19-Day Fast, Glory "Second Day of Fast, Will "Third Day of Fast, Beauty "Motavational Monday: The Fourth Day of Fast, Knowledge "Fifth Day of Fast, Justice "Midweek Reflections on Justice, grandeur "Thankful Thursday: Gratitude List, and Light "Eighth Day of Fast.
*BoxCheckR* Virtues Used: compassion "Silent Compassion and unity "Spheres of Influence.
*Box* Baha'i month names for the themes to use in Poems: Mercy, Words, Perfection, Names, Might, Power, Speech, Questions, Honor, Sovereignty, Dominion, and Loftiness.
*Box* Week Day names for the themes to use in poems: Beauty, Perfection, Grace, Majesty, Independence, and Glory.
*Box* Virtues to Use: assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, detachment, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, understanding, and unity.confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, detachment, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, forgiveness, friendliness, generosity, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, and understanding.

Poem Written on the Eight Day of Fast

Dawn spreads it radiance across the Earth,
The Splendour of God was born at dawn,
The light of a new day celebrates unity's birth.

Through His Pen God shed illumination upon the Earth,
The effulgence of His scriptures unites humanity,
The brightness of His laws creates anew heaven and Earth.

Goals for the Week of March 5-9, 2018
Posted on "Weekly Goals

*BoxCheckB* Review, at least, 4 items each day.
*BoxCheckR* Submit to "I Write in 2018 for Week 10.
*BoxCheck* Post a, at least, 3 days to offsite blog.
*BoxCheckR* Work on article/essay for "Project Write World.
*BoxCheckB* Participate in each blogging groups, at least, 3 times this week.
*BoxCheckR* Submit article/poem/essay/story to "Invalid Item for Week 31. Working on.
*Box* Read items on this month's reading list. Reading.
*Box* Sort item in laundry basket under computer desk. Working on.

"Blogging Circle of Friends DAY 1941: March 10, 2018 Prompt: March 10 is International Day of Awesomeness. Describe something or someone awesome, and tell us why it/they are awesome?


Footnotes
1  Paris Talks, p. 131.
2  Quoted in "Pathways to the Recognition of Our Oneness" by Patricia Wilcox http://bahaiteachings.org/pathways-recognition-oneness.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930305-Eighth-Day-of-Fast