*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930353-Traditions-That-Separate-Humanity
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#930353 added March 10, 2018 at 1:05pm
Restrictions: None
Traditions That Separate Humanity
Saturday, March 10, 2018

"The light of men is Justice. Quench it not with the contrary winds of oppression and tyranny. The purpose of justice is the appearance of unity among men. The ocean of divine wisdom surgeth within this exalted word, while the books of the world cannot contain its inner significance."
Baha’u’llah1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1544
Do you ever have days when you know if you say what's really on your mind, you'll scare people away?
Here's your opportunity to vent without consequence What's really on your mind?

Traditions That Separate Humanity

People hold onto to things, hoard traditions, that separate them from the rest of the citizens of the world or of their country. Some of these things, these traditions, are just statues, which were created to commemorate a person. Some of these statues, also, represent an idea that separate the population along color lines. Over the past year, many cities in the southern section of the U.S. have faced protests from white people who do not understand or do not care that these statues represent segregation, degradations, and Jim Crow laws to the black population of those states.


I am white. My opinion is that those statues should be moved, from public displays in parks or the outside of government buildings, to museums. In museums those statues can be displayed along with the reasons they are so offensive to sections of the population. Ever since the problem with the statues came up last year, I have been thinking about it. Today, I read a wonderful article by a talented young man, his name is Masud Olufani and the article is "The Gorilla in the Cage"2. This is the first in a series of articles called " Demeaning the Black Body"3. While this article, "The Gorilla in the Cage", discusses a specific statue and why it is demeaning. One can get an idea of the reason statues of Confederate Civil War "heroes" are offensive.

The people requesting the removal of statues to segregation's, so called, "heroes" are seeking justice. They are seeking justice for their ancestors, their children, themselves, and anyone else who has felt the whip of tyranny because of some false idea of the superiority of one color over another. Traditions that segregate one part of the human race from another are not traditions, they are superstitions.

Footnotes
1  Tablets of Baha’u’llah, pp. 66-67.
2  http://bahaiteachings.org/gorilla-in-the-cage
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/series/demeaning-the-black-body


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930353-Traditions-That-Separate-Humanity