*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930363-Reflections----Feeling-shunted
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#930363 added March 10, 2018 at 3:36pm
Restrictions: None
Reflections -- Feeling shunted
Three weeks. In a run of trying to write something daily, this three week desert. I will be kind to myself and note that I have been reading. Spending free snatches of time proving that I can be a healthy reader as well as a dedicated writer. My writer's mind having benefitted from several non-fiction books as well as my first venture into Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Also, this is during Lent, and (I think) coffee has been what I have avoided/maybe it makes a difference (Possible I did write but just not in the blog) I did write a book review sometime this week, as an example. So, a cheat to start, transcribing a moment I wrote out at a retreat from the middle of last year. (Grease the wheels)

6-17-17
I welcome the sun making Nature's stained glass of the Ornamental Maple fire-tongue red outside; gold's sunseting into other branches' greens.

And inside the gathering room, the embrace of human warmth modulates the temperature, color and energy at a distinct layer -- different from the physical --the spiritual both already present and invited.

I listen today...compasionately receptive on how best to serve myself.

And a promise to myself, made that day or perhaps any other day...unsure, looking at the page now torn from my journal.

--Thoughts--
Rough Draft...Notes...Admirations.

I honor you and declare it is now time for you to be planted in other people's minds and grow something new

Now, the writer's 21st Century decision, do you throw out the loose page -- you just placed it on the cloud at the same time you just placed the paper copy back into the journal like a bookmark. Makes me wonder how many visitor's to the collected works of a writer's estate find anything of value? Would the physical continuation of a hand-written page mean anything different from retaining the full script of the creation electronically? I know the answer even as I ask it. The U.S. Constitution a good, exaggerated, example -- We all try to know what its history as well as its exact content means in the lives of Americans. We could transcribe it word-for word to the cloud, copy to a drive, carry it in a printed book or go look at the original parchment itself in the National Archives, and every example would provided a different experience. And for different people all the different ways to experience the Constitution would cause different reactions. I still do not know if that solves my question of whether my own writing mediums all deserve to be kept. The word, deserve...

I am solving a clutter issue in my small apartment while I am also struggling mentally with being behind on the rent. I am supposed to be trusting that everything is working for the highest and best. I want to get to writing my memoir I am ready now to make the time.

© Copyright 2018 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930363-Reflections----Feeling-shunted