*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930372
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2151851
Blogging about all things poetry - starting with 30 days and 30 poems
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#930372 added March 12, 2018 at 11:20am
Restrictions: None
March 1 - Reyne Biddy
Today's poem is one from a book I am reading - I Love, My Love by Reyne Biddy.

I purchased this book back in February close to Valentine's Day.

I Love, My Love by Reyne Biddy... "the girl who writes poems about loving too hard - and not being loved hard enough".

All of these poems in this collection are highly emotional and heavy, but there are a few that poke the light through the fabric of her pain.
I particularly like her 'love notes' to herself...

This is a portion of her 'love note:' on page 61...

i've wondered when the pain will go away. i've wondered if i was normal. or if this feeling was normal. being a writer.. this happens often for me. feeling like the world is on my back and i'm too exhausted to move. to try. to live. i'm fortunate to believe in the God in me that helps people every single day, but for anyone who feels hopeless and helpless.. there is hope. things will get better. don't cut yourself short by believing you have no purpose in this world. you're special. we all are. never stop searching for your happy place. and once you find it - keep it close. and please!!! make homes out of something you can keep close forever - not some "one" who's temporary.


Biddy's style seems to almost be a stream of consciousness. She is conversing with the reader in a way that is very real and informal. Her sentences flow. And she does not capitalize the beginnings, like they are not as important as the point she is trying to make.... and that is, That we will all survive and that we all have a purpose and we are all special.... and that we need to put our love on ourselves.... not on the temporariness of others who don't stay.
Having come out of my own broken relationship, her words are a balm. They are a reminder that I am okay and that I am greater than what I left behind.

I am not sure if I love this collection or not, but it pulls me in, and like the emotions themselves, I am set in motion... along for her journey.. as it reflects my own.
There are days when I can't help feeling that if only I had done more, but there are other days when I remember that the relationship had two of us in it... and though I did contribute to the downfall, I was not the only one responsible. I was made to feel that it was always me; that if I could be better or do better we would be fine, but.... I was done with all that.... that was not how I wanted to live.... anymore.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** My owl signature from Gemini Gem. Winter trail scene

© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930372