*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930509-Motivational-Monday-Trends-Anticipation-and-Patience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#930509 added March 12, 2018 at 3:53pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Trends, Anticipation, and Patience
Monday, March 12, 2018


The Motivational Monday prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Legendary author Jack Kerouac  , born on this day in 1922, once said "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion." What do you think...is this true? And at what point did you stop caring about something being trendy or popular and just started to fully enjoy it solely because you liked it?

Trends

At what point did I stop caring about something being trendy? Bikinis! When they came out, sometime in the last century, I realized that I would never look good in one. It was sort of a shock at first, because I considered wearing one. However, I got a good look at my naked body in a full length mirror, and decided that trendy is no reason to embarrass myself in public just for a fashion trend. I prefer long dresses or slacks, but I don't like bikinis or miniskirts. I eat what I want, which is usually anything without alcohol in it.


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1943
What are you looking forward to?

Anticipation

I look forward to
waking up each morning with
God's Most Great Name echoing
through my mind and soul.

Anticipation,
the expectation
of a glorious new day,
encourages the mind and soul
to look for the good in the world.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1546
“Gardening, like life, requires courage. We must be brave enough to cut back the old and sit with less branches, awaiting new growth. And we must trust that it will come.” From Waking up in Winter by Cheryl Richardson Can you think of any specific areas of living where this cutting back and waiting for new growth idea would apply?

Patience

Patience is a virtue, which is sometime difficult. It isn't impossible, unless a person thinks its impossible or doesn't have an example to look at. I am fortunate that I have several examples of patience to look at and emulate. One of those examples was my grandfather. In his younger years, Grandpa Frank was a farmer, so that may explain why he was so patient with everyone, but he was especially patient with my Grandma Mary. My grandmother was the love of grandpa's life and they were married for over fifty years, so it is understandable that he would be patient.




© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930509-Motivational-Monday-Trends-Anticipation-and-Patience