*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930708-Thankful-Thursday-on-the-Ides-of-March
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#930708 added March 15, 2018 at 3:34pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday on the Ides of March
Thursday, March 15, 2018

“O Lord, Thou possessor of infinite mercy! O Lord of forgiveness and pardon! Forgive our sins, pardon our shortcomings, and cause us to turn to the kingdom of Thy clemency, invoking the kingdom of might and power, humble at Thy shrine and submissive before the glory of Thine evidences.”
Bahá’í Writings1

Th Wild Card Round Prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS
Pick three words that sum up your week so far (and tell us why you chose each word).

The three words that sums up my week so far are (1) prayer, (2) gratitude, and (3) change. Why did I chose these three words? I chose prayer because that is the only thing that has gotten me through the week without worrying,overthinking, or obsessing on the minor or not-so-minor situations that arise in my daily life. I used to be a chronic worrier, which is a habit that is hard to bread. I have found that the only thing that keeps me from worrying--a habit that would bring up my blood pressure--is prayer and meditation.


Today is Thankful Thursday, the day of the week I attempt to list, at least, ten things I am grateful to have, receive, or encounter over the past seven days. One of the things I am thankful for is the prayer at the beginning of this entry. I discovered that prayer when I opened an e-mail from the Baha'i Center. The e-mail contained a flyer for the upcoming Devotional Service at the Center this coming Sunday. The theme for this month's Devotional is Forgiveness, and that is one of the 25 Attributes2, I am attempting to write a poem about sometime between now and the end of the year.

Change is always on the horizon, nothing in this world stays the same for very long. We are approaching spring, and that always brings change to mind. It also arouses worry, usually over the power bill. Right now the bill isn't very high, but with spring followed by summer the bill with raise dramatically. I may not have anything to worry about in that are because I think I can get some help for it in August. Still the prospect of a higher electric bill can be daunting, especially to a Senior Citizen on a fixed income. Still I'm looking forward to the change in season, and the change that I feel is coming into my life.

Footnotes
1  Quoted in a flyer for the Devotional Service at the Baha'i Center, in Las Vegas, on Sunday, March 18.
2  http://www.52virtues.com/virtues/the-52-virtues.php


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930708-Thankful-Thursday-on-the-Ides-of-March