*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930725
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #2152343
Sometimes the world needs to know what hides in the shadows...sometimes they can save them
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#930725 added March 15, 2018 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Draft
"What????" Ashley screeched, reading the bulletin on the board. "They're drafting us for this....this war?" she sputtered out, her face red as her eyes flashed angrily. "They can't do that!"

"Um, Ash, yeah, they can," I said to her, rubbing my face, sighing. I looked around and caught the beautiful blue eyes of David Rekonov. The Russian exchange student.

"Sin!" she screeched again, staring at me like I grew horns...well...maybe I did. "This is so not fair! I don't do war!"
Her talons-she has super long nails-hand gripped the paper and she dug them deeper into her skin. "No. I'm protesting this."

Before she could storm off like she does, the PA system came on. "Good morning, students of Statuant Academy! Today's classes have been cancelled in favor of the war's application processes. First will be the oral interviews, and then if you fit what they're looking for, they'll come get you for the paperwork process.

"Just great," Ashley muttered. "Now I can't storm out." she pouted and I patted her blonde head.

"It'll be fine," I told her, "you have nothing to worry bout." Me, on the other hand....

"First up, are all students with last names in the A and B category,," the voice on the PA system said. " please make your way to the cafeteria."

"I guess I'll see you later," I told Ashley, sighing to myself. I waved to her as I walked to the cafeteria.

Time Skip

I walked in and looked around, pushing my hair behind my ears. I wore a ripped tank top over a whole tank top, a flannel long sleeve with the black color base tied around my waist of my holey jean shorts which were over a pair of opaque black leggings. I wore knee high boots and my bright blue hair was pushed back by a headband.

"Name?" the woman at the desk asked me, looking over my outfit with obvious distaste.

"Um, Bradford, Sinai Lee," I said awkwardly, looking throughout the cafeteria, seeing several people from my classes.

"Bradford...yes, you're with Agent Fredricks," the woman said. I looked up to see a man with a military grade haircut and shades on. He had a chiseled jaw and surprisingly smooth skin.

"Of course," I mumbled, then walked over. "Agent Fredricks?"

"You must be Sinai Bradford," he stood and his imposing six foot height made me shrink back.

"Um, yes," I stammered out. "I'm Sinai."

"Have a seat," he nodded and took off his shades. I stifled a gasp as I realized they were a violet color.

"What are you?" I whispered.

"So you know we exist," he said, nodding. "that means you're one of us."

"I mean, I can levitate, but I've never seen if I can do anything else."

"Well, Sinai, welcome to the Super Squad."
© Copyright 2018 Miranda Garcia (UN: mgarcia1342 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Miranda Garcia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930725