*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930922-Somethings-Got-to-Give
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#930922 added March 18, 2018 at 4:52pm
Restrictions: None
Something's Got to Give
Prompt: Something's got to give...but what/who/when/where/why?

============

“Something's got to give” ? Ahha! It is a Marilyn Monroe movie, which when I was young my mother banned any Marilyn Monroe movie until she saw it first and deemed it proper for my viewing.

But something did give…I read weird(!) books hiding under the tables and beds and, later on, watched all the improper (!) movies with my friends. This was in the dinosaur times of the 1950s and 1960s when most women were protected{!} first by mommies, much later by husbands. Why? I can’t tell. Must be due to some kind of a brain fog, although I don’t think this one was the result of the ingestion of mercury-laden fish, as in those days, beef and potatoes were the norm together with sudden heart attacks. Of course, something had to give. You see, I am not all that crazy about the “good old days.”

But then, this is an idiom, too, isn’t it? Thus, it can be applied to many situations. If I wrote all about those situations, I’d have to write volumes on mostly iffy hypothetical circumstances like the environment, like the lack of world peace, like anything political…so on and so forth.

‘Something’s gotta give’ can very well apply to my life right now, too. I never thought I’d be this busy in retirement, and not because of having fun with other retirees, either. It is because I find myself doing much more work in every area possible than the time when I was in my thirties and forties, and with a weaker body yet. Not to mention the constantly-coffee-needing mind and whatever else. Still, as of today, something’s-got-to-give didn’t happen. Thank God! And Thank God that I am loving every minute of my life, no matter how difficult or busy it gets.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930922-Somethings-Got-to-Give