*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930992-Motivational-Monday-Eighteenth-Day-of-Fast
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#930992 added March 20, 2018 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: Eighteenth Day of Fast
Kamál (Perfection), 18 ‘Alá’ Loftiness - Monday, March 19, 2018
Eighteenth Day of Fast

"The purpose of religion ... is to establish unity and concord amongst the peoples of the world; make it not the cause of dissension and strife."
Baha'u'llah1

Poem Written on the Eighteenth Day of Fast

We call God by different names,
and think that because each religion
has different designations
for the Almighty,
that they are talking about a different god.

God,
the All-Knowing Creator,
is a single unknowable essence,
with many titles.

The attributes of the creator
is reflected to humanity
through the Mirrors of Divine Manifestation.

There is only one God,
the foundation of religion
is one,
the numerous faiths
are chapters
in the Book of Divine Revelation.

Themes for Poems Written During the 19-Day Fast

*BoxCheckB* Virtues, Baha'i month, or days of week names for the theme used in Poems: Splendor "First Day of the 19-Day Fast, Glory "Second Day of Fast, Will "Third Day of Fast, Beauty "Motavational Monday: The Fourth Day of Fast, Knowledge "Fifth Day of Fast, Justice "Midweek Reflections on Justice, Grandeur "Thankful Thursday: Gratitude List, Light "Eighth Day of Fast, Mercy "Ninth Day of Fast, Words "Tenth Day of Fast, Power "Motivational Monday: Eleventh Day of Fast, Grace "Twelfth Day of Fast, Perfection "Midweek Reflections on Thirteenth Day Of Fast, forgiveness "Thankful Thursday the Fourthteenth Day of Fast, Questions "Fifteenth Day of Fast, Loftiness "Sixteenth Day of Fast, Speech "Seventeenth Day of Fast, and Names "Motivational Monday: Eighteenth Day of Fast.
*BoxCheckR* Virtues Used: compassion "Silent Compassion, unity "Spheres of Influence, detachment "Detachment, and generosity "Fun Fact Friday: Food and Generosity.
*Box* Baha'i month names for the themes to use in Poems: Might, Honor, Sovereignty, and Dominion.
*Box* Week Day names for the themes to use in poems: Beauty, Perfection, , Majesty, Independence, and Glory.
*Box* Virtues to Use: assertiveness, caring, cleanliness, commitment, confidence, consideration, cooperation, courage, courtesy, creativity, determination, diligence, enthusiasm, excellence, flexibility, friendliness, gentleness, helpfulness, honesty, honor, humility, idealism, integrity, joyfulness, justice, kindness, love, loyalty, moderation, modesty, orderliness, patience, peacefulness, perseverance, purposefulness, reliability, respect, responsibility, self-discipline, service, tact, thankfulness, tolerance, trust, trustworthiness, truthfulness, and understanding.

Footnotes
1  Quoted in The Baha'is, page 4.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/930992-Motivational-Monday-Eighteenth-Day-of-Fast