*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931055-Kind-Words
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#931055 added April 8, 2018 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
Kind Words
Last night I had a dream. Many sweet thoughts wafted through my slumbers, expressed in a wistful grace and eloquence, all but gone when I woke up. When I try and recreate those poignant recollections, they mock me, like crows, cawing out the once vivid and profound whispers.

In this dream was a message that we should strive to give the good in us, dominion over evil... That we should strive to tip righteousness in the direction of good. That we should set the bar high and be all that we can...knowing our limits and fighting the good fight...not so high as Job did (mind you) a fine man who did much..., more than we could ever manage, yet someone who fell short in distinguishing better from best. He suffered as a consequence and the lesson is pray, stay humble and hope to be spared hard trials. Better to aim high and keep a low profile... pride and arrogance attract evil like shit attracts flies. Follow the lamp of goodness and avoid the dark temptations. We are the synthesis of both... And a spark of the Divine animates our journey from inside a corpulence of elemental flesh, rife with needs and desires, compelling us in ways oft' contrary to our best interests.

Be glad for a woman to bear your seed but understand that her need goes beyond thirst. Be glad for the company and someone to cling to. Kind words and abiding love are more portentous than an occasional squirt of dookey snot.




© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931055-Kind-Words