*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931194-Thankful-Thursday-March-22-2018
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#931194 added March 22, 2018 at 11:16pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday: March 22, 2018
Istijlál (Majesty), 2 Bahá (Splendor) 175 B.E. - Thursday, March 22, 2018

Turning to the Kingdom of Abha

"O thou maid-servant of God! Whenever thou art intending to deliver a speech, turn thy face toward the Kingdom of Abha and, with a heart detached, begin to talk. The breaths of the Holy Spirit will assist thee."
‘Abdu’l-Bahá12

The breaths of the Holy Spirit not only assist a person to give a speech, but to write as well. Whenever I am having difficulty finding a subject or a theme, I say a prayer revealed by Baha'u'llah, the Bab, or 'Abdu'l-Baha, after which I find a subject to write about. It is not always, what most people consider, a spiritual subject. However, once it is revealed to me by the presence of the Holy Spirit, it feels as if I am writing for Baha'u'llah.

Thankful Thursday Gratitude List

Today I am...
         01. ...thankful that I was able to attend the Naw-Ruz party at the Baha'i Center on the evening of Tuesday, March 20.
         02. ...grateful for the ability to access the Internet, because I can find quotes from the sacred writings that inspire and encourage me to continue to attempt to live a spiritual life.
         03. ...thankful that, so far, I have one response to put in the feedback section of my edition of the April fantasy newsletter.
         04. ...grateful for the information about cardinal being messenger from the spiritual realm. According to the information I read, a cardinal is either the spirit of a loved one returning to visit, or the daughter of the sun reminding us about spring. I'm going to use this information in either a poem, story, or blog entry.
         05. ...thankful that I have 2,688,391 GPs in my Gift Points account.
         06. ...grateful for the hot coffee and cinnamon roll I had for breakfast.
         07. ...thankful that the $10.00 from PayPal hit my checking account today.
         08. ...grateful that I was able to use the information I discovered about "Cardinals in a poem.
         09. ...thankful for the assistance of the Holy Spirit in my writing.
         10. ...grateful that my checking account is not overdrawn.

Footnotes
1  Tablets of 'Abdu'l-Baha, vol. 2
2  Quoted on
Vision and Insight - daily gems: Selected passages from the Baha'i Writings on specific themes for March 22, 2018.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931194-Thankful-Thursday-March-22-2018