*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931445-Which-Generation-is-Right
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#931445 added March 25, 2018 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
Which Generation is Right?
Sunday, March 25, 2018


The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1559
At what point do we concede the generation coming after us may be right where we were not?

My generation did some things right, and some things wrong. Sometimes we changed the world for the better, and sometimes for the worst. The present generation, and in the generation following it. This is the way of life and politics.

The world is different today than when I was growing up. We are more aware of other cultures, other nations, and other religions. The present generation is confronted with more opportunities for success, and more chances of failure. They are confronted with death, hate, and anger in a way we weren't. They are handling those things in their own way. The young people of today are in the process of changing the world, and, hopefully, making it a safer place for their children.

One of the things that young people are more aware of today is the oneness of humanity. Humanity is a single species, and the concept of race, which I was taught as a child, is a human construct to keep one group of humans in power and subject another group because of the color of skin. The present generation is making their voices heard, which is good. They will change the world in many way, which we cannot envision at present. I am encouraged because I see hope for the positive change that today's generation will accomplish.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931445-Which-Generation-is-Right