*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931453-Contemplating-the-Needs-of-this-Century
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#931453 added March 25, 2018 at 3:15pm
Restrictions: None
Contemplating the Needs of this Century
Jamál (Beauty), 5 Bahá Splendor 175 B.E. - Sunday, March 25, 2018

"Be anxiously concerned with the needs of the age ye live in, and center your deliberations on its exigencies and requirements."
Baha'u'llah1

I look at the news stories of the last week, and I remember the headlines of the last three months. The question that comes to mind is "What does the world need?" There answer to this question is a three part answer. Part 1, is the acceptance of oneness of humanity, which includes the realization that the concept of race is a human construction. Humanity is a single species, and not different races divided by color, nationality, religion, or any other human created division. The concept of race, as defined by the color of skin, is still prevalent in the world. There are people who accept humanity as a single species, and that number is growing every day. However, there are still those out there who see skin tone as a dividing line between people.


Part 2, of the answer, concerns God, the Almighty Creator. There is only one God, there are numerous names for the Creator, but this does not mean that that there are several different gods or goddess. The All-Bountiful Creator is a spiritual essence without a physical body or gender. Every person on Earth, no matter what religions they profess, receives inspiration from the same Divine Essence that we call God. This Essence is spiritual and, therefore, cannot be comprehended by the human mind or soul. The soul, or spirit, of the individual is capable of reflecting divine attributes (such as faith, love, hope, etc.), which we call virtues.

Part 3, of the answer, concerns religion. The religions we see in the world today are part of the God's plan to assist humanity in its spiritual and social evolution. Each prophet, messenger, or manifestation2 brought a specific message and laws for the time of His appearance3. The messenger or manifestation4 for today is Baha'u'llah, the Glory of God.

Blogger's Disclaimer:

Footnotes
1  Quoted in The Baha'is page 9.
2  Each of these words refer to those who brought the one of these religions to humanity.
3  Please note that all the manifestations we know about were male.
4  The One reflects the attributes of God to humanity.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/931453-Contemplating-the-Needs-of-this-Century