*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932322-Lymes-disease-and-Anamasplosis-suck
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#932322 added April 8, 2018 at 8:25am
Restrictions: None
Lymes disease and Anamasplosis suck
Last week Linda and I went to the Weak Signals RC Model Airplane Trade Show in Toledo Ohio. It is about eight hours from my farmstead in central Wisconsin and I try and make it every year in April. One gets to see the state of the art in the hobby. This year we also stopped at several antique shops to stretch our legs and as always the stops turn out to be longer than expected. When I go in one I try and clear my mind of specific desires and instead open a broad vista in the search for unexpected excellence.

Sometimes I see it and the price turns out to be more than I can afford. An example was a porcelain figurine in the category of "Bathing Beauties," I saw in a display case. It was absolutely gorgeous and I salivated to own it, but the price was $1200s. Forget that. Another was an ivory walrus tusk with a lovely female figure etched onto it in a form of scrimshaw. That one was $350s". Anyway one never knows when you will see excellence of a very high quality, often at a price that is unaffordable. Too bad, so sad. I did however, find some great books at prices in my range.

At the show I purchased a nice kit, an electric motor, speed controller and some servos. In addition I picked up business cards from many of the venders who had some really nice stuff. I ran into a couple of people I know and got to talk to some very talented builders and dealers. We stayed at a Comfort Suites motel and ate at Cracker Barrel (Chicken strips, corn, green beans, French fries.... yum!) and Culvers (Double Butter Burger or Cod, Ummm, Ummm good) whenever possible. The traffic in Chicago was not as bad as anticipated.

This morning we'll drive to Portage and pick up our two dogs from the kennel. Linda tells them they're going to the "Spa" and they wag their tails but I know their enthusiasm is short lived. They'll be very happy to see us.

Looking out the window the sky is blue and the day promises to be a gorgeous, however, the weather here in Wisconsin continues to be unseasonably cold. I suspect it will be another of those years where there is not much Spring and we find ourselves suddenly launched into summer. The ticks will be out and we'll have to watch ourselves and the dogs. Lymes disease and Anamasplosis suck!

© Copyright 2018 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/932322-Lymes-disease-and-Anamasplosis-suck