*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933029-Midweek-Reflections-on-The-Big-Question
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#933029 added April 18, 2018 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on The Big Question
‘Idál (Justice), 10 Jalál (Glory) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Big Question

I just finished reading "Spiritual Newsletter (April 18, 2018), The Big Question. This week's editor Kit of House Lannister , ask the questions "Does God exist?" and "If so, what is He like?". These are questions many people struggle with. I have never struggled with first question, because I have always believed in the existence of God. I will continue to believe that the Almighty Creator exists. However, my answer to "What is He like?" has changed over the years. This answer changed because of questions Sunday school teachers couldn't answers, two dreams I had, when I was younger, and my interaction with people of other religions or spiritual paths.


The question Sunday school teachers couldn't answer was, "If the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ, what about the people who lived before He was born?" The two dreams concerned the return of His Holiness Jesus Christ. The interaction with people of other religions or spiritual paths, was my search for the answer to the question and the explanation of the dreams. When I encountered the Baha'i Faith, and accepted Baha'u'llah, I found the answer to two question and the explanation of the dreams.

As a Baha'i, I believe in progressive revelation. God has sent numerous divine prophets, or Holy Manifestations. Each one has helped humanity progress spiritually and materially. The names of some of these Manifestations are Moses, Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Muhammad, the Bab, and Baha'u'llah. Baha'u'llah is the latest, and fulfills the prophecies of the Holy Prophets who came before Him. This is what I believe, if anyone has any questions they can go to any Baha'i in their area of the world and ask or they can access information online. One website that posts articles about Baha'i beliefs is BahaiTeachings.org http://bahaiteachings.org/.

I attempt to answer any questions I can. I have been a Baha'i for over 30 years, and there are still things I am learning from the sacred scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah and, His forerunner, The Bab.

© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933029-Midweek-Reflections-on-The-Big-Question