*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933216-This-Feeling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#933216 added April 21, 2018 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
This Feeling

"Blog Harbor from The Talent Pond PROMPT (DAY 21): Free Day! You can write about any song you want, for any reason you want. Tell us something!

For the final day of music blogging, I'm going to go with one of the songs in regular rotation for me these days. "This Feeling" by Abby Anderson is a song that I think I discovered just listening to a random Amazon Music playlist one day and it's stuck with me ever since. I'd never heard of Abby Anderson before; apparently she's only twenty years old and got her start on Glenn Beck's show of all places, singing a rendition of "My Country Tis of Thee" (her version is titled "Let Freedom Ring") that became so popular it landed on both the Billboard and iTunes charts.

As she works on her debut album, she's released a handful of songs, covers, and other performances to get her career off the ground. Most of them are pretty good, but "This Feeling" is still my favorite:




I think it's a fun song and she's got a great voice for such a young performer; she's already made a handful of "up and coming" lists, especially in and around Nashville where she moved after graduating from high school early to focus on her music career. I'm really interested to hear her first album and see what she comes out with next, but in the meantime I'll be enjoying this song on repeat for a while longer. *Smile*

© Copyright 2018 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933216-This-Feeling