*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933351-A-Transformative-Experience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#933351 added April 24, 2018 at 12:38pm
Restrictions: None
A Transformative Experience
Tuesday, April 24, 2018
The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1986
Write about an experience that changed your way of thinking.

There have been several transformative and enlightening experiences in my life; however, two stand out because of three reasons. First, they were dreams which occurred several years apart, and have remained clear to this day. Second, they were interrelated. Three, they led to accept Baha'u'llah, and become a Baha'i. I have attempted to write about these dreams a few times. I used them as the basis of a short story and poem.

The first dream occurred when we were living in the house on West College in Blackwell, Oklahoma. In this dream I looked out my bedroom window, and saw Christ returning in the clouds. His face was hidden behind a bright light, and His body was concealed in bright white clouds. In the second dream, which occurred when I was older, a friend came to my Grandparent's side door. She knocked, I answered the door, and she said, "Come to the Mission on Sunday because Christ is returning then. I answer her by saying, "No, He's not because He's already returned." I didn't understand the symbols in the dreams until I moved to Las Vegas, and encountered the Baha'i Faith.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933351-A-Transformative-Experience