*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933524-Second-Star-to-the-Right
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#933524 added April 27, 2018 at 12:31pm
Restrictions: None
Second Star to the Right...
Blog Harbor Challenge"
Books
Day 27 Prompt: Books are the sweet escape from reality and one of the cheapest ways to travel. If you could take the train to your favorite fictional world, what would it be? What would you do once you get there?


This is a difficult prompt given the sheer number of possibilities!

There is something completely appealing about walking through a wardrobe into Narnia. When not under tyrannical and icy rule, it is a land with an impressive landscape the features mountains and rivers, lush valleys and rolling hills. It seems to be perpetually Spring. It is a magical place with talking animals and fantastical beings. Great, right?

Then, you consider Hogwarts with its floating candles and resident ghosts. What could be more of an escape then a magical school for aspiring wizards? Or Oz, with its blazing emerald-colored buildings, yellow brick roads and fields of poppy? Even with the occasional horde of flying monkeys, who would turn up the chance to visit such a place?

For me though, the land that most captured my fantasy as a child would still draw the adult me there in a heartbeat. It is a place of secret hideouts, mountains dotted with teepees, and mermaid-filled lagoons. The night sky is always filled with the stars and the shadow of a flying pirate ship creeps across the lovely scenery below. You get there by dousing yourself in fairy dust and thinking happy thoughts. Had I the chance, it would be a ticket to Neverland I would book over them all.

© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933524-Second-Star-to-the-Right