*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933693-The-Corrupted-Unicorn-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #2156793
A possible novella
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#933693 added May 4, 2018 at 6:34am
Restrictions: None
The Corrupted Unicorn: Chapter 1
Chapter 1
The Seeds Of Darkness


This story takes place in a land that goes by the name of Zocron. There was a small forest that was very special for a reason that was bizarre, even to the people of this land, all the trees glowed and so did the animal's fur and feathers. The more harmless the animal, the lighter their fur or feathers glowed and the more dangerous the creature the darker their fur or feathers glowed.

And that is what made this place known simply as the Brightwoods as most creatures who lived there were harmless and friendly. But still, they were hunted for their beautiful coats to be made into clothing.

The creature that was valued the most is the mythical Unicorn, whose fur is said to glow with colors so bright and vibrant that not even a rainbow could match its beauty. Their horn is rumored to have the ability to amplify one's magical abilities by ten folds simply by holding it.

And so with that knowledge, we can continue on with the story from the view of a little unicorn known as Lilly, Lilly was trotting along to her favorite spot in the Brightwoods which she liked to call her Pink Meadows. Her Pink Meadows was on the very edge of the Brightwoods and everything there glowed pink in varying intensities and shades.

Lilly was galloping around her Pink Meadows simply enjoying the air flow through her long pink glowing hair and her fur glowing in that rainbow way it was famous for. Lilly stopped at the edge of her Pink Meadows and looked over the horizon and saw in the distance "HUMANS!!!!"Lilly thought, remembering what her mommy told her about how dangerous humans were. She sprinted all the way back through her Pink Meadows and into the main area of the Brightwoods. She almost made it there unharmed but she wasn't looking where she was going and slammed her sparkling horn right into a tree knocking her out cold.

The first thing she saw when she woke up was her mommy and daddy standing in front of the humans she saw earlier. Their horns were glowing and charged with magic. But they didn't attack fast enough and were stroke down where they stood, their fur ripped from their bodies and their horns removed by flame magic.

lilly felt something she had never felt before at the sight in front her a weird feeling of dislike towards these humans, no more than dislike anger something she had only heard of in bedtime stories, but it was too strong to be anger no it was hatred, pure unfiltered hatred, and an underlining feeling of sad like she had never felt before, depression that's what it was, Lilly realized and more then hatred and depression she felt power, overwhelming power, she channeled all the overwhelming magic in her body through her horn and took aim at the human who killed her parents but as she channeled all that intesnse magic her horn started to crack.

she reeled in pain but through pure determination, she remained conscious and once more readied her horn to fire this time she managed to form an energy bolt but her horn cracked worse under the intense magic once more she tries one final time to strike down her parents murders but she could fire dark black spots began to appear and soon they took over her entire vision and forced her body to collapse.

She awoke to the sight of her beloved home burned now to nothing more than a pile of ashes and she knew deep down in her heart that her parents and mostly her friends were apart of that pile and all those feelings from last night bubbled up again yet this time she couldn't do anything about them

End of chapter 1
The Seeds Of Darkness

(word count 662)
© Copyright 2018 S.J - Not Around Much (UN: slime-j at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
S.J - Not Around Much has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933693-The-Corrupted-Unicorn-Chapter-1