*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933840-Resource-sharing-The-Artists-Way-by-Julia-Cameron-2002
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2154039
Thoughts and questions about the longing to be "gotten", and the longing to "get" others.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#933840 added May 2, 2018 at 11:05pm
Restrictions: None
Resource sharing: The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron (2002)
Cameron’s (2002) Artist’s Way is a guide to recovering creativity geared initially toward blocked creatives. She lays out basic daily task of writing Morning Pages which can fill the creative well, or beckon the creative muse.
Chapter one introduces basic tools of recovery including the Morning Pages and weekly Artist Dates (with yourself alone. Like regular physical exercise, they take work. She tells the reader to write long-hand three pages every morning about anything. Then put these pages away, they are not for reading or making anything out of, they are for priming the pump. The chapter ends with a Contract with yourself committing to the work of the course as a gift to yourself.
The next 12 chapters are weekly tasks to renew creativity. Each chapter guides you in recovering your creative self with readings, writing exercises and it ends with several tasks. Cameron does not chide you to accomplish all the tasks, but to choose some. She suggests approaching this as play.
Though this book may be useful as a solo recovering artist, one can also start a group and work through each week together. I found it extremely helpful when I used it a decade ago. Unfortunately, I have not been disciplined, or simply not had the time in recent years for the thirty or more minutes a day it took me to write three pages long-hand for Morning Pages. When I did, it worked to stir up writing creativity.

Cameron, J. (2002) The artist’s way: A spiritual path to higher creativity. (10th anniversary ed.). New York, NY: Tharcher/Putnam. ISBN1585421472

© Copyright 2018 tears in a bottle (UN: ivebeenseen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tears in a bottle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933840-Resource-sharing-The-Artists-Way-by-Julia-Cameron-2002