*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933925-Fun-Fact-Friday-History-Question
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#933925 added May 4, 2018 at 11:39am
Restrictions: None
Fun Fact Friday: History Question
Friday, May 4, 2018
The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1996
Fun facts on Friday ....What period of history is most interesting to you?

History Question

What period of history most interest me? The one I'm living in right now. In one of His tablets, Baha'u'llah advices us to be concerned with the needs of the age we live in. I was born in one of the most turbulent and astounding periods of history. Humanity and the planet Earth is on the verge of unity and peace. This is the reason for the confrontations between the opposing factions seen on the national and international fronts. Many people, national leaders included, fear the unification of the human race and world peace. The reasons for this fear ranges from xenophobia to holding onto superstitions or dogmas of the past.


Eventually, the majority of the humanity will let go of these fears, which are preventing world peace and unity. However, this will not happen until women have full equal rights on both the national and international levels. Full gender equality will help bring about world peace.

"The most momentous question of this day is international peace and arbitration, and universal peace is impossible without universal suffrage. Children are educated by the women. The mother bears the troubles and anxieties of rearing the child, undergoes the ordeal of its birth and training. Therefore, it is most difficult for mothers to send to the battlefield those upon whom they have lavished such love and care. Consider a son reared and trained twenty years by a devoted mother. What sleepless nights and restless, anxious days she has spent! Having brought him through dangers and difficulties to the age of maturity, how agonizing then to sacrifice him upon the battlefield! Therefore, the mothers will not sanction war nor be satisfied with it. So it will come to pass that when women participate fully and equally in the affairs of the world, when they enter confidently and capably the great arena of laws and politics, war will cease; for woman will be the obstacle and hindrance to it. This is true and without doubt."
'Abdu’l-Baha12

This is the period of history
in which I was born,
therefore,
this is the period
that needs me the most.

Footnotes
1  The Promulgation of Universal Peace, pp. 134-135.
2  'Abdu'l-Baha is the son of Baha'u'llah.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/933925-Fun-Fact-Friday-History-Question