*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934165-National-Teachers-Day-and-Education
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#934165 added May 8, 2018 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
National Teachers Day and Education
Tuesday, May 8, 2018


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2000
May 8 is National Teachers Day. Write a tribute to a special teacher.

To pick a special teach is difficult because I've had a lot of wonderful teachers in and out of school. I had teachers in regular weekday school, in Sunday school, and in vacation Bible school; all of them taught me something. However, I think I learned the most from two women who were not teachers in the normal sense of the word. Those women were my first teacher, they were my mother and grandmother. Neither of these women had a college education. My mother finish high school, and my grandmother (I think) had an eight grade education.

Mama and Grandma
showed their faith in God
through their actions.

Mama and Grandma
never waiver in their spiritual beliefs,
to them faith in God transcended religion.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1603
Is what people learn in schools enough for living this earthly life? Or what are some of the things you learned in life that the schools didn’t teach you? And what would be important to teach young people before they start on their own?

Children and young people need to learn more than just reading, writing, arithmetic, and how to take tests. They need to learn to use their brain; how to ask questions, and research to find the answers. They need to learn to think rather than just repeating answers given them. I didn't learn anything about researching a subject until I got into high school, and even at that time I was given the questions I had to answer. When I went to collage I was require to ask a question, so that I could write a thesis. The problem at time was formulating the question before doing the research.

These things should be taught before a student gets out of middle school, if not earlier. For some this comes naturally, but not for everyone. It is wonderful to see young people standing up and asking the hard questions of both religious and political leaders because this was something I was not taught. It was something I had to learn through trial and error, which sometimes caused me to waste my vote on politicians who cared only about themselves, and getting elected.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934165-National-Teachers-Day-and-Education