*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934418-The-Women-in-My-Life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#934418 added May 12, 2018 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
The Women in My Life
Saturday, May 12, 2018

“Women and men have been and always will be equal in the sight of God.”
Baha'u'llah1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1607
Let's talk about the women in your life: after all, it is Mother's Day weekend.

The Women in My Life

At present, the women in my life are my roommate (De), my female friends in the Baha'i community, and my neighbors. Most of the women in my life are either mother or grandmothers who are doing their best to raise their children and grandchildren. Some are single mother, while others have their children's fathers to assist them in raising the children. All of them, like myself, are doing the best they can to survive and help their children thrive in the present economic and world conditions.


All the women I know are doing their best to survive in a society and cultural that still considers them of less value than men. As long as women are considered of less value, they will not gain equal status. Gender equality does not mean women are more valuable than men, it means they are equal. Gender equality will give both women and men a chance to develop all the divine and physical characteristics they have. It will give women equal pay, and equal access to in every aspect of life. If a women wants to remain home, and care for her children, she should be able to do that. If a man wants to remain home, and care for his children, he should be able to do that.

Male and female
the wings of civilization,
gender equality makes both wings strong.

Footnotes
1  Quoted in A Compilation on Women, pp. 21-22.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934418-The-Women-in-My-Life