*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934546-July-Fantasy-Newsletter-Deadline7918
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#934546 added July 11, 2018 at 2:17pm
Restrictions: None
July Fantasy Newsletter (Deadline:7/9/18)
Research

Editors' Picks

1. The Reluctant Vamppire
2. Reaching Gateway
3. A Matter of Faith
4. Fun with Wings
5. Charlie's Room
6.
7. Werewolf Invasion
8. Monster City Police Force
9.

Heading #1

Time Travel: Fantasy or Science Fiction

Heading #2

Is time travel fantasy or science fiction?

Hook

Have you taken a trip into the future or the past?

About this Newsletter

Time travel used to be thought of as just science fiction, but Einstein's general theory of relativity allows for the possibility that we could warp space-time so much that you could go off in a rocket and return before you set out.
Stephen Hawking

Questions from the Editor:
Have you traveled in time?
Is time travel fantasy or science fiction?
Do you want to take a trip into the past or the future?

Imagination makes us aware of limitless possibilities. How many of us haven't pondered the concept of infinity or imagined the possibility of time travel? In one of her poems, Emily Bronte likens imagination to a constant companion, but I prefer to think of it as a built-in entertainment system.
Alexandra Adornetto


Letter from the Editor

Is time travel fantasy or science fiction? It does not matter onw whit to me which genre time travel is in, because I enjoy reading both genres. One, or perhaps I should say two, of my fondest memories is reading the Time Machine by Jules Verne and afterwards seeing the movie. If I remember correctly, it was 1960 and I was about 14. Ever since I have been fascinated by the idea of time travel.

Have you traveled in time? This is a trick question, because we travel in time every day. Each day we move from the past through the present and into the future. True, we are unable to change our past decisions, which would have an effect on both our present and future. However, the decisions we make today can affect our future.

Do you want to take a trip into the past or the future? With two exceptions, I do not want to go into the past. If I had a choice, I would rather go into the future. The reason for this is that the future, appears, more exciting with numerous possibilities. Going into the future would allow me to witness the establishment of world peace and the colonization of Mars.

Now it is your turn to tell me if you would rather go into the past or the future. If you have a time travel story or poem, please submit it in the Writing.Com Item ID To Highlight at the bottom of this newsletter.

Editors Picks

 
STATIC
The Reluctant Vampire  (13+)
An anorexic vampire looks for a way out.
#1088291 by Grandma Penguin needs help

Excerpt: Reginald was a vampire. He didn't want to be a vampire; in fact, he was downright miserable. He couldn't stand the sight, smell or taste of blood, so he barely consumed enough of it to survive. He was, quite possibly, the only anorexic vampire on the planet.

 Reaching Gateway  (ASR)
An expedition is put in peril, and the crew needs to overcome their difficulties.
#2153548 by Graham Muad'dib

Excerpt: The two hundred kilometer-per-hour winds brought stones to clang against the armored hide of the Core Module.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1993349 by Not Available.

Excerpt: "What's up?" Ted asked, rushing into the lab.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1995779 by Not Available.

Excerpt: “Juliet, hang onto your sister,” Janet called after her two daughters as they ran into the science center ahead of her.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2156557 by Not Available.

Excerpt: A wooden twin bed sits in the middle of the bedroom. The bed is unmade with a blue theme to the blankets, pillow, and sheets. On each side of the bed is a nightstand, the one on the right as you enter the room covered with comic books, although we can't see exactly which ones they are. A wooden desk is also in the room, messily covered in random papers, homework, and some random things. The floor is somewhat clean, compared to the other surfaces in the room, only covered by dirty laundry shoved into the corners. Clean clothes stick out of a thick dresser's drawers. A calendar hangs on the wall with notes scribbled on many of the days, such as “Baseball practice” on a couple of them and “Dave's Birthday” on the fifth, and over half of the month's days are crossed off. Next to the calender, a clock ticks, only a couple minutes off. CHARLIE EMERSON (10 years) messy brown hair, brown eyes, red T-shirt, blue jeans, walks in through the open door.

Activities, Contests, and Groups

 Werewolf Invasion  (18+)
Werewolves have invaded the Earth! Will they be Man's Best Friend or Worst Foe? 9,880+ Vs
#1734474 by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

Excerpt: An invasion occurred to a planet far away. Its inhabitants were abducted, on mass, and then the planet was destroyed. The abductors did a lot of things to their new victims, enhancing certain features, making some larger, some very large, and making all of them stronger. Then, the kidnappers decided to train their victims on how to use their weapons, which were highly advanced, planning to use them as expendable soldiers during their next invasion. This backfired on them, big time. Their victims fought back, and soon the kidnappers were all dead, some wishing they'd been dead before they did finally die. With no home to go back to, the plan the victims had was to settle on the next planet that the ships had in their programming: Earth.

 Monster City Police Force  (18+)
If you think you know Area 51, you know nothing. The Police make sure of that. 3,130+ Vs
#1725786 by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping

Excerpt: When one hears about Area 51, they think about Top Secret military aircraft and weapons testing, or, if they believe in aliens, where certain experiments are being done with alien corpses, including genetic manipulation. Thing is, those don’t even scratch the surface about what really goes on.


Feed back from {nl:}


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934546-July-Fantasy-Newsletter-Deadline7918