*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934656-Midweek-Reflections-on-Speaking-Up
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#934656 added July 25, 2020 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Speaking Up
‘Idál Justice), 19 Jamál (Beauty) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Speak up

We have to speak up,
we have to speak out,
sometimes we may have to shout
so that our voices are heard
over the screeches of hate mongers.

Response sent to "Spiritual Newsletter (May 16, 2018): "I live in America, another Christian nation, which is experiencing similar problems. In addition, the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence says: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."(https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/declaration-transcript) America is living up to neither the Christian ideals nor those stated in its own Declaration of Independence. I don't know what is going to happen in the next year.

Why? I suspect part of the problem is fear because the everything on the planet is changing so fast. Political leaders are afraid they are losing power. Most people know they can't control what is happening in the world, and so they attempt to hang onto the xenophobia of the past. What can be done? Continue to speak up, and hope and pray that someone is listening to us."

While I was writing the above, someone called who wanted to to tell one of Senators to vote no on the a the confirmation of one of Trumps appointees. I doubt it will do any good because it was a Republican Senator, and, I suspect, he's already taken a bribe to vote yes. I didn't vote for this Senator in the last election, and I won't vote for him in the next. I don't know that my vote will make a difference, because it didn't in the last Presidential election. I didn't vote for Trump, but it didn't matter. I will vote in the next election. I'm not sure who I will vote for yet, but I will vote. I will vote even though it may not do any good. I will still vote. I will vote because it is part of being a good citizen of America, and there is always the slim hope that it will do good or someone will listen.

© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934656-Midweek-Reflections-on-Speaking-Up