*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935018
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#935018 added May 21, 2018 at 2:25pm
Restrictions: None
Cinderella in Jane Austen's Time
Jane Austen presents a Cinderella story in her novels. A deserving and intelligent woman because she is poor. If Prince Charming doesn't arrive, a woman depends on the kindness of family and friends. Her best bet is to be a governess and if the man is single, hopefully, he will ask her to marry him. Characters like Elizabeth and Jane in P&P, found their Prince Charmings but they had to prove themselves worthy and at the same time be their own person.

Elizabeth and Darcy is a Cinderella story. Elizabeth doesn't bow down to anyone even to her powerful Darcy once they are married. Darcy has saved Elizabeth fro marrying Mr. Collins. Elizabeth turned Darcy into a better person and he wasn't stuck marrying Caroline Bingley or his cousin Anne. Millions of readers have fallen in love with Darcy because he falls in love with Elizabeth for all the right reasons.

Elizabeth and Cinderella? Elizabeth didn't have to clean out the chimney but she didn't have a fairy godmother or a fancy ball dress but the outcome is still the same. Both got their Prince Charming.

Jane Austen and books image Sig.
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935018