*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935098
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#935098 added May 22, 2018 at 10:50pm
Restrictions: None
Real Life Contests
Prompt: Have you ever won a contest and find out the prize was something different then advertised? Write about your experience with real life contests.

I won a contest at the county fair supporting the Fire Department and the prize was a stuffed dalmation dog wearing a rain coat and hat. Wrong. It was a dinner for 4 couples at a restaurant and some firemen were giving an hour speech on fire safety. My husband said no way! My mistake. I thought it was for the stuffed dalmation dog. The stuffed dog wasn't even part of the deal. He was right next to the sign with the entry slips. Someone made a mistake. After that, I made sure what I was signing up for.

I got an email saying I won a book by Melody Thomas who wrote Scottish novels and I was on her mailing list. I was all happy. Someone else won but Melody said the email was sent to me by accident and the actual winner never wrote back to claim her prize so I got an autographed book by this author. I was happy.

I signed up for a one hundred gift certificate at The Kitchen Shop but my mother won, I didn't. My son won a free pizza for his Birthday when he was a kid. I enter to win other prizes like gift baskets but never won. Avon used to have contests when I sold Avon. I won an alarm clock, a digital watch a phone and a notebook. I won a necklace or two.

I got a blanket free with a clothing order. I hate entering contests because I want to win. I don't win very often. I did win a couple of lockets from Fingerhut. The ruby set in the locket came broke. The imitation diamond was nice but the necklace didn't last forever.

This is my experience with contests. It is hard to win.

Big Bad Wolf and Megan on motorcycle. Reminds me of Jacob of Twilight.  This one was lost


© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935098