*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935129
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#935129 added November 8, 2019 at 10:10am
Restrictions: None
Self-Denial on Behalf of Others - Romans 15
One area of struggle for most of us is self-denial, especially when we live in America, where credit and opportunity abound. There is such ample availability to fast food and junk food and clothes and entertainment and events that it can be difficult to deny ourselves things, especially for others.

It comes to mind that the people most likely to understand this level of self-denial talked about in Romans 15 are parents. Many of us come to the realization later in life that our parents truly sacrificed a great deal for us. For some, the revelation comes when they themselves become parents. For others, like myself, it comes through Holy Spirit revelation and acceptance of the truth. And yet, for others, it never comes at all.

Romans 15 tells us that we should "patiently put up with the weaknesses of those who are not strong" (AMP, Rom. 15:1). We are told to do what we can to encourage our neighbors for the overall good of that person and to spiritually build them up. We know from the story of the Good Samaritan that all men are our neighbors, right? So, we should be concerned with the well-being of those we encounter daily...stranger, friend, and family alike.

That is no small order. I truly believe that we can easily encourage and build up a stranger and a friend, but family? We can be overly harsh and overly critical of our family, whether our biological family, our marital family, or our church family. Many times, we hide our criticism under the guise of wanting the best for them. I've done that, I'll admit. Yet, we see here in Romans 15 that we are called to "please" them "for [their] own good," and "to build [them] up spiritually."

Take some time today to read through Romans 15 and look at the encouragement that is given to us in regards to our relationships with others in light of Christ and His life. This harmony is in order for us to worship and seek God together, to be a church, a family, a community that is bound together in one purpose with one intent...to glorify, praise, and honor God and Jesus Christ with one voice. Can you imagine?

Romans 15:7, AMP - Therefore, [continue to] accept and welcome one another, just as Christ has accepted and welcomed us to the glory of [our great] God.

...

You can read Romans 15 Amplified online here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=romans+15&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935129