*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935345
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#935345 added November 8, 2019 at 10:06am
Restrictions: None
Sneaky Immorality - Jude
Jude is the book before Revelation and is only 1 chapter in length. In the 25 verses, we see a passionate call to be aware of those around us that are encouraging sin and immorality in our lives...and he isn't writing about the world, but fellow church members sitting beside us.

I try to look at my life with a critical eye, to see if the things I am saying and doing would cause another to embrace sin in their lives, rather than confront it. I think that part of the reason is that I am gifted by Holy Spirit to teach and the Word of God tells me that I will be accountable for every word I speak as I teach His people.

Jude calls us to be aware that "certain people have crept in unnoticed [just as if they were sneaking in by a side door]." These are ungodly people who "distort the grace of [God] into decadence and immoral freedom [viewing it as an opportunity to do whatever they want], and deny and disown [Jesus Christ]." We can see this in many churches today, excusing and embracing sin under the guise of love and political correctness and grace.

The devil has perfected the sneaky immorality and has found ways to infiltrate our lives through entertainment, social media, politics, and now our own churches. We are accountable to be what we are called to be: holy as Christ is holy (1 Peter 1:16)

Take some time to check your understanding of grace. Consider, as you do, the word love, as well, as defined by the Word of God. When we think about love, it isn't a boundaryless love, but one with boundaries set to protect, honor, and correct. With our children, our love tells them not to play in the street, not to take candy from strangers, not to eat junk food with no nourishing foods, not to hit, steal, lie, or cheat, to always share, to believe in their dreams, to do their best, and to dress appropriately for the seasons of life.

Why would God's love be any different and why would our love of others excuse the dangerous sins of life under a false love?

Jude 1:20-23, AMP, says, "But you, beloved, build yourselves up on [the foundation of] your most holy faith [continually progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], pray in the Holy Spirit, and keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously and looking forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ [which will bring you] to eternal life. And have mercy on some, who are doubting; save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy but with fear, loathing even the clothing spotted and polluted by their shameless immoral freedom."

Read all of Jude in the Amplified version here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jude+1&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935345