*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935519-Midweek-Reflection-on-a-Good-morning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#935519 added May 30, 2018 at 5:20pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflection on a Good morning
‘Idál (Justice), 14 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, May 30, 2018

"...There can be no doubt whatever the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God."
Bahá’u’lláh1

My morning began on a good note. The first thing I saw when I logged in was this week's spiritual newsletter, "The Gift of Religious Pluralism," "Spiritual Newsletter (May 30, 2018). This newsletter introduced me to Progressive Christianity, which I did not know existed. The editor, Sophy explained some of the beliefs of Progressive Christianity. She ask the question, "How has your spiritual journey been enhanced by exploring a tradition outside of your own?" I submitted a two paragraph answer to the question.


I submitted the following to "Spiritual Newsletter (May 30, 2018): "How has your spiritual journey been enhanced by exploring a tradition outside of your own? It revealed to me that there is only one God, and religion, as reveal through His messengers, is a gift to humanity. I was raised in a Southern Baptist family in northern Oklahoma. My search, my spiritual journey, began at a young age due to two dreams, and questions my Sunday school teacher couldn't answer. It took a while for me to find the meaning of the dream, and get the answers to the questions. I found those answers when I discovered Baha'u'llah and the sacred scriptures He revealed.

I accept the validity of the messages and Holy Books brought by Abraham, Christ, Muhammad, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, the Bab, and Baha'u'llah. There are probably other messengers I have not mentioned because God has been sending His messengers to humanity for as long as humanity has existed. My appreciation of the Holy Books is further enhanced by the devotional service I attend once a month. The devotional service is held at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas. At the spiritual portion of the service the sacred scriptures from various religious traditions are read. At the social portion refreshments are served and the attendees greet each other and talk."

The next thing that happened was when I went out after the mail. I discovered the May/June 2018 edition of "The American Baha'i." It contains several interesting and inspirational articles, and the first item is the Ridvan 2018 message from The Universal House of Justice. I have already read this letter once, because I can access the letter from the Baha'i Prayer app on my smartphone. I need to look at this message a little closer, which can be difficult on my phone. Also, I need to check online to find two other letters about eliminating racism and religious prejudice. Fortunately, I can print those letter off so that I can sit down and read them.

***

The World Repaired2

One soul at a time
the tears of a thousand years were dried;
the deep heart wounds sutured,
with forgiveness-love;
and the million plus names of God
united in a phrase.

Then
the Children of the Book,
the Children of God,
The Chosen Ones,
the Saved,
became guiding lights
on the highway to unity.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, CXI.
2  I posted this my Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935519-Midweek-Reflection-on-a-Good-morning