*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935629-Down-By-The-River
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#935629 added June 1, 2018 at 5:18pm
Restrictions: None
Down By The River
Friday, June 1, 2018
The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1627
Down by the river, it was difficult to see. The fog had rolled in and I was squeezing your hand in fear. I didn't know if ...

Down By the River

Down by the river, it was difficult to see. The fog had rolled in and I was squeezing your hand in fear. I didn't know if you were still beside me. I didn't know if you would disappear into the fog, as so many others had before, never to be seen again. I only knew, that if the fog was going to kidnap you, it would have to kidnap me as well. I didn't care where we were, as long as we were together, because without you no planet in the universe would feel like home.


We stood, down by the river, staring into the fog. Feeling the fog penetrate our bodies, minds, and souls. Listening to the voice of the fog, as it proclaimed its love for the river. I could understand the fog's love of the river, because that was the way I felt about you.

I still love you. I love you more today than I did that day. Each day we continue walking through this river fog, my love--like the fog's love for the river--increase. When the fog dissipates with the noonday sun, you and I will ascend with it. When our molecules form into clouds, and condense into raindrops we will into the ocean or onto the land to nourish the plants and animals of Mother Earth.





© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935629-Down-By-The-River