*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935635
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#935635 added November 8, 2019 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Socially Acceptable - Exodus 14:14
If you're on social media at all, you know that there are things posted that are easy to be offended by. You will see some posts that are calling someone out for their behavior without naming said person and then you'll see the comments that follow, either seeking more information, siding with either person, or the person (or their family) calling them out and correcting them. You'll see political posts that are against a person or party you support. You'll see strong stands for and against things you support or stand against. And on and on it goes.

And what is a Christian to do?

I am a person who stands her ground. Unfortunately, this manifested itself poorly on social media for a time. I would argue with anyone that I felt like arguing with, on my posts or theirs. I would ensure that my opinion was known. This never ended well and it didn't reflect well on Christ, either. Today, however, I choose not to engage in arguments on my posts or on the posts of others. I do not air my complaints in a passive-aggressive way on social media. I do not "call people out" and attempt to correct them. Sometimes, in fact, when someone posts a controversial comment on a post of mine, I will delete it in order to keep the devil from having a platform to spread confusion and lies.

Christians have forgotten Exodus 14:14, which says, "The Lord will fight for you while you [only need to] keep silent and remain calm." Christians on social media and in person are far from calm. In fact, when we meet a believer that is calm in the face of oppression, bullying, abuse, and the like, we admire that person and express our amazement that it is possible for a person to respond the way they do. Yet, we can see that we are called to be calm and to "turn the other cheek" in response to the hate we see in this world.

Romans 12:14 tells the follower of Christ to "[b]less those who persecute you [who cause you harm or hardship]; bless and do not curse [them]." This tells us that we need to do what the verse in Exodus tells us: to let the Lord fight for us, to remain calm, and to keep our defensive natures in check. For many, it is easy enough to do this in person, but the "safety" of a computer, phone, or tablet screen to post what one really feels without seeing the person makes this a struggle for many in regards to social media and messaging. Consider, for a moment, the wisdom of Thumper's mother in Bambi and when you're tempted to post ungodly responses or statements online, if it isn't something nice, don't do it.

Philippians 4:8 says, "Whatever is true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, praiseworthy, think on these things." Let that be the standard that your posts are set to when you engage on social media. Remember that the Lord doesn't need you to defend Him. He's perfectly capable of defending Himself and you.

Micah 7:7, the message: But me, I'm not giving up. I'm sticking around to see what God will do. I'm waiting for God to make things right. I'm counting on God to listen to me.

Read all of Romans 12, Amplified, here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935635