*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935653-ARE-YOU-RUNNING-TO-WIN----June-2
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2095740
My daily devotional insights... and reflections.
#935653 added June 2, 2018 at 9:31am
Restrictions: None
ARE YOU RUNNING TO WIN? - June 2
         What are you doing today to whet (sharpen the blade of a tool or weapon; excite or stimulate, kindle, trigger, arouse, spark, quicken, inspire) your appetite for God?

         Who or what is dictating the course of your life? Are you living a life “on purpose” or are you allowing carnal passions (pleasures, lusts) to drive your course?

         If one wants to do well in school, achieve a goal, he/she must apply himself.

         There is a scripture that says: “Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,…” (See Hebrews 12:1.)

         If Joseph was doing his own thing when the baby Jesus was being pursued by Herod, do you think he would have heard God? I don’t think so.

         God says, “Draw close to me, and I will draw close to you.” (See James 4:8.) The closer you are to someone, the better you will hear them. God is speaking; can you hear Him?

© Copyright 2018 Maria Mize (UN: kimbro1958 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maria Mize has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935653-ARE-YOU-RUNNING-TO-WIN----June-2