*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935795
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#935795 added November 8, 2019 at 9:56am
Restrictions: None
We Already Possess Eternal Life - 1 John 5
One of the questions most people want answered is, "Is there life after death?" Many want to know for sure, one way or the other, what will happen to them when they die. According to the article1, while many of the well-known reports of those who died and were resuscitated seeing a warm, welcoming light and family members, it addresses the other side of darkness and loneliness and fear. One person even stated online that it was full of ...pain, just darkness, extreme vulnerability, extreme fragility and nothing else."

The truth is that there is life after death and, as a follower of Christ, we are already assured our eternity. 1 John 5:11-12, AMP, says, "And the testimony is this: God has given us eternal life [we already possess it], and this life is in His Son [resulting in our spiritual completeness, and eternal companionship with Him]. He who has the Son [by accepting Him as Lord and Savior], has the life [that is eternal]; he who does not have the Son of God [by personal faith] does not have the life." [emphasis mine]

Considering what we know as followers of Christ, it isn't surprising, though it is a wake-up call, that some who have near-death experiences experience what some in the article express: nothingness, darkness, fear, pain, loneliness...because they do not have Christ in their hearts and lives. According to GotQuestions.Org2, their blog regarding this topic says, "Although we will all be resurrected, not everyone will go to heaven. A choice must be made by each person in this life, and this choice will determine one's eternal destination...God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but desires them to turn from their wicked ways so that they can live...if we choose to reject Him, He accepts our decision to live eternally apart from Him." [emphasis mine]

There are two eternities: one in Heaven with Jesus and one eternally separated from Him in the lake of fire. this is why some experience a strange, indescribable feeling after death...fragility and loneliness and pain...because they have been separated from the Life Source (God), which Romans 1 tells us we all know and have ample proof exists, for the first time in their entire existence. Even without realizing it ourselves, we have never lived a single day separated from God in the sense that He has held our bodies together, told our hearts to beat, filled our lungs with air...our very existence is tuned to His voice.

Do you fear death? Are you unsure of your future eternity? Do not be! As long as you have accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior and are following Him by faith, seeking Him through His word and in prayer, are growing in Him and desiring to know Him more and to change to be holy as Christ is holy, then eternity in Heaven is already yours. Rest in that truth.

If you haven't accepted Christ yet, do not hesitate. Pray the sinners prayer3 now and seek a godly church home to grow and learn among other believers. As 2 Corinthians 6:2, AMP, states, "For He says, 'At the acceptable time (the time of grace) I listened to you, and I helped you on the day of salvation.' Behold, now is 'the acceptable time,' behold, now is 'the day of salvation'."

Read all of 1 John 5, Amplified Version, here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20John+5&version=AMP



1. https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/713799/life-after-death-afterlife-heaven-...
2. https://www.gotquestions.org/is-there-life-after-death.html
3. Lord Jesus, for too long I’ve kept you out of my life. I know that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. No longer will I close the door when I hear you knocking. By faith I gratefully receive your gift of salvation. I am ready to trust you as my Lord and Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. Amen.(The Sinner's Prayer by Dr. Ray Pritchard) (see also Psalm 51)
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935795