*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935885-Midweek-Reflections-on-Becoming-Ones-True-Self
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#935885 added June 6, 2018 at 12:40pm
Restrictions: None
Midweek Reflections on Becoming Ones True Self
Wednesday, June 6, 2018

"O Son of the Supreme! I have made death a messenger of joy to thee. Wherefore dost thou grieve? I made the light to shed on thee its splendor. Why dost thou veil thyself therefrom?"
Baha’u’llah1

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for Day 1632
Life is about creating yourself, not finding yourself. Do you agree?

Life is about becoming your true self with combines the processes of finding and developing. People cannot develop something that they do not know or believe exists. At 71, I have come to realize that becoming my true self is a two fold process. First, is the acceptance of the existence and immortality of the soul. Second, is faith in God, which (to me) means facing each day and test with a positive attitude. It is knowing that test I encounter is intended to develop a spiritual attribute, which will help me become my true self.


Life is about
developing spiritual attributes,
so that when your body dies
your soul can fly.

I have to admit, that some of the tests and difficulties I encounter causes me momentary worry or unhappiness. At these times I turn to the prayers revealed by The Bab, Baha'u'llah, and 'Abdu'l-Baha for Aid and Assistance or Test and Difficulties. Once I place the situation into the hand of the Almighty, I stop worrying and move on with what I have to do to solve the problem. Becoming ones true self is a process of movement and transformation, which takes a person's entire life on this plane of existence.


Footnotes
1  The Hidden Words, p. 11.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935885-Midweek-Reflections-on-Becoming-Ones-True-Self