*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936068
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#936068 added November 8, 2019 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
New Self - Colossians 3:1-17
It is very rare that someone wears the same thing everyday without washing it. It is also rate that soiled, stained, and torn clothes remain in circulation and continue to be worn. As Christ-followers, it would be best to know what we should keep in our lives and what we should throw away.

Colossians 3 is one of the many places in God's Word that gives us direction. We see that we have new lives in Christ and we should habitually be focused on godly things, because we are holy, set apart.

We are called to put things to death and to "deprive of power" the things of the flesh. As time goes by, Christ-followers can become comfortable with things of the flesh in their lives, things like unrighteous "anger, rage, malice, slander, and (obscene, filthy, vulgar) language," and to stop lying. We see so many angry believers who are easily offended and proud. We know many who lie constantly. And, of course, gossip occurs a great deal in churches.

We are called to leave all those (and all other) sinful practices behind to take on godly characteristics, such as "compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience (which has the power to endure whatever injustice or unpleasantness comes, with good temper)," with our love for one another being selfless, to offer forgiveness, and be gracious toward each other.

Prayerfully examine your heart and life. We know that our flesh battling our spirit causes strife in our lives. Pray that you are empowered to make the changes that Christ calls you to make within yourself. Lay aside the quarrels and offenses and go before the Lord to see what He wants you to do to make things right. God continuously gives grace to the humble and He will help you change and grow in amazing ways.

What leads to [the unending] quarrels and conflicts among you? Do they not come from your [hedonistic] desires that wage war in your [bodily] members [fighting for control over you]? - James 4:1, AMP

Read all of Colossians 3:1-17, Amplified Version, here: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+3%3A1-17&version=AMP
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936068