*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936144-You-and-Your-Familys-Joy
Rated: E · Book · Business · #2152658
Creating you dream business without emptying your account.
#936144 added September 28, 2018 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
You and Your Family's Joy
Your own business can be the best thing that has ever happened to you and your family. You get to set a schedule of your own. You can structure your business activities around your family life.

Taking Stock of Your Family’s Routine

First you must determine the needs of your family. This sounds easy but not all the time. There are things we all take for granted. Parents just take their children to soccer. Plans for outings and family vacations tend to be planned on the fly. We don’t think of what we do with our families on a day to day basis, we just do it.

To determine what is the best way to structure your business in a way that accommodates your family’s needs it is imperative to know exactly what these needs are. For a two week period, or more, if you see the need, take note of all the activities that your family takes part in. Note the times, dates and duration. Be very specific. After the time period is up, sit and see what activities repeat, when your personal times are and how much free time there is left over. With this information in mind set up the tasks and activities that you need to get done in order to run your business. When you are beginning a business there will be many tasks that relate exclusively to start up. These tasks might not be repeated as time goes on.

You could concentrate your business activities while your kids are at school. You could make sure that you take care of answering business emails in the couple of hours before a big hockey game. As much as possible, schedule running your business so that time with your family is at the maximum. Your family, after all, is one of the main reasons to start your own business.

Get Your Family’s Input

The decisions of scheduling are not just your decisions. Have a family meeting. Let your family know about all your reasons for beginning your own business, and let them know that their needs will be taken into considerations. Let children and spouse alike voice their honest opinions about what schedule works best for everyone.

When this meeting is done, schedule. There might be changes along the way, but that is the beauty of having your own business; you can be flexible.

The Routine That Works for Everyone

Now is the time to get out your calendar. Specifically schedule everything-business and personal tasks. Let everyone in your family look at your calendar and use their input to finalize your weekly or monthly tasks.

Running your own business does not have to mean family strife.






Personalized ehh
© Copyright 2018 amy-Has a great future ahead (UN: shyone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
amy-Has a great future ahead has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936144-You-and-Your-Familys-Joy