*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936528-Motivational-Monday-June-18-2018
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#936528 added June 18, 2018 at 6:40pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: June 18, 2018
Kamál (Perfection), 14 Núr (Light) 175 B.E. - Monday, June 18, 2018

"The Blessed Perfection Bahá’u’lláh belonged to the royal family of Írán. From earliest childhood He was distinguished among His relatives and friends. They said: “This child has extraordinary power.” In wisdom, intelligence and as a source of new knowledge He was advanced beyond His age and superior to His surroundings. All who knew Him were astonished at his precocity. It was usual for them to say: “Such a child will not live,” for it is commonly believed that precocious children do not reach maturity."
‘Abdu’l-Baha1

The Blessed Beauty,
the Beloved of my soul,
a child prodigy.

This morning, I was motivated to call the Fedloan about my student loan. Living on a fixed income is difficult enough without having to pay monthly loan payment that exceed my monthly income. They are mailing me some papers to fill out to get the payments either lowered or put off for a while. The lower payment might help, but it will make survival more difficult. I will survive. At least, I'm planning on living for a few more years.

Facebook Status Update

I am thankful for pumpkin pie,
football games,
tolerant friends,
and loving family.

I wrote that several years ago, around Thanksgiving. I discovered it when I went through hard copies of poems. I have no idea why I was thankful for football games. I don't watch them, unless I'm with someone who want to watch the games. The only thing I know about the game is that I'm supposed to cheer when one of the teams makes a goal. Therefore, when I watch a football game I cheer each time a goal is accomplished. It doesn't matter to me which team makes the goal. I cheer for the goal, not the team.

I'm having two wills drawn up. One is a living will, and the other a regular will for when my soul and body separates. I'm talking to a lawyer tomorrow to see what I need for the wills. I was going to talk to her about the rent freeze I'm not getting this year; however, I think I'll just tell her to forget it that I've decided to sign a years lease. The rental on a years lease is $25.00 over what I'm paying now. It could make my financial situation worse. However, I'm sure that I can raise the extra #25.00, it would be more expensive to sign a six-month lease or pay month to month.

Rejoice2

Rejoice
for this is
The Day of the Lord.

Poet's Note:


Footnotes
1  From a Talk; Baha’i World Faith
2  I posted this on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936528-Motivational-Monday-June-18-2018