*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936643
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#936643 added November 8, 2019 at 9:42am
Restrictions: None
Don't Forfeit Your Soul - Mark 8:36
We live in a world of convenience and ease of access in most cases. This leads to many compromises in our lives as believers. We tend to excuse things in our lives and cut corners. I'm guilty of this, as well. We allow ourselves a great deal of wiggle room in the life of "holiness" we lead under the guise of modern thinking and progressive living.

This should give us pause as a believer. I remember when I started watching The Walking Dead. I only began doing so because a member of a Christian band mentioned that they watch it in an interview. This, at that time in my life, granted me approval. I mean, if a Christian band can watch the show and still go out and have the anointing of God, why can't I?

This is the slippery slope that many of us live on as believers today. Rather than looking at the Word of God and determining our journey, we look at those around us and allow them to tell us what is acceptable and what is not. We can even feel how wrong a situation is while we're in the midst of it, however, we keep doing it and allow our consciences to be seared and the conviction to fade. This leads to us finding ourselves doing things we never would have imagined a year ago.

The Bible asks, "What good does it do a man to gain the world and lose his soul?" Look at your life today. Are there things you've allowed to grow in your life that are ungodly? Are there sins you're excusing because the world or other Christians approve of the actions? Take time out and prayerfully seek to pursue God and not forfeit your soul.

Calling the crowd to join His disciples, He said, "Anyone who intends to come with Me has to let Me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, My way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for? - Mark 8:36, MSG
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936643