*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936704
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#936704 added June 21, 2018 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Persuasion
Persuasion. Navy in Jane Austen's time, Background, my thoughts.

I an rereading Persuasion. I had considered this the least favorite of my Jane Austen novels but I feel Anne's heart beat as she sees Captain Wentworth again after seven years and she realizes she still loves him. He was angry at her because she turned down his marriage proposal. Anne Elliot's sister Elizabeth didn't want Anne marrying the captain. She felt Navy men and men in the military to be inferior.

Anne started seeing the captain again and another woman Louisa made a play for him and Anne finally listened to her heart and went back with her captain. Elizabeth was a jealous old spinster and Anne had lost seven years with the captain. She got him back in the end. That is the main thing. I will always love Pride and Prejudice best but this is a good romance and Jane had a way with words so I love all Jane's novels.

My Jane Austen Doll I ordered complete with P&P Book and Quill. One of my favorite items
© Copyright 2018 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936704