*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936798-Premiums-Pampered-Chef-and-Retirement-Plans
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2087862
Life with Jody--former Soldier (medically retired), writer (in training), and lots more
#936798 added June 23, 2018 at 10:24am
Restrictions: None
Premiums, Pampered Chef, and Retirement Plans
Well, it's been a long time since I've blogged. In fact, I couldn't remember exactly how to get here to do it again, but luckily WdC makes it pretty easy to find your own blog again. *Laugh* I've had several comments about why I'm not blogging (mostly laziness), so I thought I'd try to get back to it.

Well, last month (May) I did a big promotion to get folks to join (or rejoin) "The Contest Challenge and it worked...at least for the time being. (HOPEFULLY most people will keep at it for the whole year.) I gave away a free 1-year Premium membership. It cost me over 50 million GPs...significantly more than I expected. But that's mostly because I did NO math to prepare for this. *Laugh* So, one might say it's my own fault. But I hope that "one" would say it quietly behind my back and not to my face, just to be polite. *Rolling* But they are right. It IS my own fault. *Think* Well, it was fun and I got a CRAP TON OF STUFF IN RETURN thanks to Lilith of House Martell organizing a wonderful thank you reward for me! THANK YOU! It was so unexpected but SO AWESOME!

During that time I also made Yellow Case. I'm not sure why as I don't think I'd been super active recently, except that month. lol But whatever. I'm not going to argue! *Bigsmile* I'm very happy being Yellow and Blue isn't even a goal, so YIPEE!!

Also in May, my cousin talked me into selling Pampered Chef. With the brain injury, it's easy to talk me into stuff, though she claims she wasn't even trying. *Laugh* On the good side, I see selling Pampered Chef as a way to help me work around my brain injury and get back towards working a full-time job again. *Smile* And I DO LOVE THE PRODUCTS! They have such creative things like the Julienne Peeler where you can peel veggies into julienne pieces and the Rolling Cookie Cutter so you don't have to cut each cookie by hand (not that I make cookies with my blood sugar, but still, options are nice) and I love the Measure-All Cup (and the Petite and Mini ones as well) because you can measure 1/4 cup in the same thing you can measure 2 cups so you're only dirtying 1 item, not to mention you're less likely to lose count when you have to do multiple cups (a real issue with the brain injury) and it has a plunger thingie so you no longer have to scrape out the inside when measuring things like honey or ketchup. I am totally in love with their RockCrok collection of stoneware because it goes EVERYWHERE! You can use it in the freezer, oven, broiler, microwave, on the stove, grill, and, of course, in the dishwasher. It's fantastic! And their nonstick cookware is also amazing because you can use it with metal utensils and it goes in the dishwasher. FANTASTIC!

Okay enough about what I love about Pampered Chef. I don't want to sound like a commercial. *Think* Too late? *Laugh* Well, they have great stuff! It's not MY fault. lol

FYI, anyone interested in joining my Pampered Chef party that starts Monday, June 24, 2018, (and ends Sunday July 1) go to this link. (If you live overseas, we can talk about me shipping smaller items to you myself, but I'm not shipping you a set of pots and pans on my own dime. lol)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1845489615518587/
If the party is already closed, you can contact me or just order through my website.
https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/hostwithjody

Also, I'm offering 5 MBs to anyone who hosts a qualifying party (only $200 in orders). *Bigsmile* If you don't want the cookware, but do want the MBs, consider hosting a fundraiser or host a party to stock your church's kitchen or doing a wedding shower for someone. *Smile* We can find a way to help you get those MBs! *Bigsmile* I'M SUPPOSED TO BOOK 4 PARTIES IN MY FIRST 4 WEEKS, SO I COULD REALLY USE YOUR HELP!!!

Anyway, what else am I up to? Well, I'm glad you asked! I'm working on my retirement plan--rental houses. I bought a new house in December and just finished that renovation. I'm starting the renovation on one side of one of my duplexes as well. Unfortunately, I had to do EXTENSIVE exterior work to help with water issues, it needs a new roof soon, and the a/c just went out. And I still have to do the inside! YIKES! On the good side, the exterior and roof cover both sides, so I won't have to do that again any time soon. *Smile* I'm not making any money off my rentals at this time, but am just trying to pay them off (using the rent) so I can use the money for a nursing home one day. I say I can't afford the kind of nursing home I will one day want to live in and I don't want to live in the kind I can currently afford. lol I'm hoping to have everything paid off in 15 years so when it's time to go into a nursing home (hopefully in more than 15 years), I can afford a great one! *Bigsmile*

What's YOUR retirement plan?

(Don't forget to talk to me about those 5 MBs! *Wink* )

© Copyright 2018 Schnujo is Late to Lannister (UN: schnujo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Schnujo is Late to Lannister has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936798-Premiums-Pampered-Chef-and-Retirement-Plans