*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937073-Silence-and-Friends
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#937073 added June 29, 2018 at 3:41pm
Restrictions: None
Silence and Friends
Istiqlál (Independence), 6 Raḥmat (Mercy) 175 B.E. - Friday, June 29, 2018

 Mother Nature's Anger  (13+)
Story Poem Written in June 2018
#2162120 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1655
Last night at my writing group a poem was shared discussing snitches get stitches. The phrase is a threat indicating that those who snitch (tell on or inform on others) Will be physically assaulted (require stitches to close the cuts or wounds they are going to get for being informers). What are your feelings about this topic? Is silence really the right thing to do or is putting yourself out there in harm's way the only way for this change?

Silence perpetuates injustice! Silence allows criminals to go free, which means they will commit the crime again. That being written, it is up to the individual witnessing the injustice or the crime to decide on the best course of action. I can decide on what course of action to take myself, but I cannot tell other individuals what course of action they should take. The course of action to take is up to the individual's conscience, and belief system. I know what I think I would do when confronted with criminal activity, but until I am faced with a dangerous and life threatening situation, I can only speculate.

Silence is neutral!
Silence is a fence walker.
Eventually one falls off the fence screaming.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Day 2052
Craft a piece of writing about the first time you met your best friend.

How did I meet my best friends? One of my best friends, I met in a dream. The other I met when I moved out of the house on Bracken and into the studio apartment on Sunrise. I did not know she would be my best friend until after I moved out of the studio apartment and into the two bedroom. I moved into the two bedroom because I thought my sister was moving in with me, but my sister remained in Searchlight. De, who lived with her daughter, moved out of that apartment. I asked her to move into mine and we've been friends ever since.

I met Baha'u'llah, the Glory of God, in a dream about the return of Christ. Baha'u'llah is my best friend because I can talk to Him without saying anything aloud. He know what is in my heart. I can read the sacred scriptures or prayers He revealed anytime I have a problem and know that I will find the answer.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937073-Silence-and-Friends