*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937088-Catching-up-in-11-months
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#937088 added June 29, 2018 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
Catching up in 11 months...
I can't believe it's been 11 months since I last shared a book review with you. Let's just say it's been the busiest 11 months of my life. So what inspired me to hang out?

It's Vacay (I'm on vacay until 15 JUL) and I'm catching up with my life. I need a vacay to do that! *Headbang*

I'm doing something I really enjoy. I'm checking out the entries for the
FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
MARCH on with an Acrostic poem!
#981150 by StephBee
Blogging Contest. Every June Ԝ€ß☆ԜiʈCH and I host the Bard's Hall Annual Blogging Contest and I'm currently in the process of judging entries. The blogs I've reviewed so far are amazing! It's like crack for my writing soul so I thought I'd pop into my blog and write. I have more entries to review and I'll be reviewing over the course of the next couple days.

So many things to catch you all up on. I'll try to take it day by day.

PUBLISHING DRAMA

My 99 cent novel publisher, Victory Tales Press, closed up shop. I really LOVED Victory Tales Press. Becca and Laura were fantastic. Karen Michelle Knutt came on board and was a pleasure to work for. My story, "Journey of the Heart" was my biggest seller. It was a vintage romance, set after World War II. It was a "sweet" romance. In a nutshell: Could James help Rachel save her winery? In it's amazon heyday it was selling between 11-15 copies a day, but then Amazon changed it's "formula" and it went way down... As I understood it, Becca had health problems and needed to focus on that. VTP closed up and my 99 cent novels (10-15K words) were gone. I wish Becca all the best, but I totally understood. I'm hoping to find a new home for 99 cent novels soon.

Then, this last week, Desert Breeze Publishing, my romance novel publisher closed up shop. All books will be off the shelves come 30 JUN. I've been with DBP for 8 years now and honestly, it's heart breaking. I've got three series with them. My most "successful" series was the Windsor Diaries, and my most well received was "Moldavian Moon." Again, I need to find new homes for them. Time will tell. Not quite sure why DBP is closing, and I'm not going to speculate.

So right now, I just have my children's titles up with 4RV Publishing. I'm very proud of my children's stories. It will take time to find new homes for my novels and I'll keep you up to date. For now, enjoy one of my book trailers...


© Copyright 2018 StephBee (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937088-Catching-up-in-11-months